How Digital Marketing Can Help Businesses During and After COVID-19 Crisis
- June 25, 2020
- Written by : REIL Capital
Coronavirus has not only been a massive threat to your health but to your businesses too. A survey conducted by Econsultancy and MarketingWeek including managers from the USA and the UK found that marketing budgets of 63% of participants have been frozen. These managers also admitted that more than half of their product launches were either canceled or have been postponed.
Many small businesses are experiencing a highly disruptive and unprecedented situation. However, digital marketing is likely to take a huge leap forward during these challenging times. Content creators and marketing teams are facing the hardest times of their careers but there are opportunities lying behind this crisis. There is a silver lining to everything and small business owners just need to refocus their digital marketing strategies.
How Work from Home is Helping Firms?
The economy has been a critical issue amongst many countries during this pandemic. While some business owners have been laying off resources to avoid cash flow gaps and to keep their companies running, there are others who have massively gained from this transformation. Small businesses that have moved to online retailing have shown how powerful digital transformation can be.Â
- Businesses rapidly adopting work from home kept them running even when the work premise was not in use.
- Work from home keeps the staff safe and sound at home and gives employees the flexibility to work anytime.
- If an employee has some illness, they can work in during home isolation without affecting fellow employees.
- Less traveling also brings environmental benefits.
Digital Marketing and COVID-19
Now is the time for digital marketing teams and separate agencies to come to the fore. With people staying home and doing most of their work online, small businesses have a chance to reach them over the internet. Maybe now is the time you should post those ads on social media and increase your interaction with customers digitally. Even if the pandemic ends and businesses start the recovery, the transformation of looking for everything online is permanent.Â
Here are some targets small businesses should focus on during and after COVID-19.
- Social Media: Whether it is about ads or it is about maintaining links, social media will play a major role in keeping your business alive.
- Websites: All your services or products should be available online. To market your products digitally, you need an attractive online store.
- Emphasize on Morals and Ethics: If you are among those businesses that are acting ethically during this crisis when it comes to paying your employees, retaining them, or helping them in other ways, you can highlight this in your marketing practices. Let the world know how you came out bright during these dark times through content marketing.Â
- SEO: To sell online, you need a strong presence over the search engines. Make sure to invest in effective search engine optimization practices to at least rank on top results in your local area.
Here we conclude the importance of digital marketing during and after the COVID-19 crisis. To implement all this transformation, you may want some extra funding for your small business. Explore REIL Capital products to pick a small business loan that best suits your business needs.Â